Saturday 21 April 2012

A sleepless night???

As I write there are 13.5 hours to go until the start of the Sara Killey. The burning question is how many of those will I sleep for??

Don't know what it is, but I always get nervous the night before a big race, and this one will be no different I suspect.

To help alleviate any nerves and insomnia, I will make sure that all my kit is checked, double checked and then finally triple checked before I go to bed. My food and drink has been dropped off at my mate Dicko's who is supporting me tomorrow, so it's too late to change anything if I've missed it, but as I checked that 3 times then I should be ok.

The forecast actually looks good now, I have checked the BBC website, and compared that with Metcheck, and the likelihood of rain is very low indeed (never say never, so make sure you pack waterproofs just in case), the temperature probably won't get much above 10 degrees so it will be relatively comfortable, and there is little wind. It does look like rain in the north of the Island when we start, but by the time even the leaders reach Bride it will have cleared.

Fingers crossed !!

So, there's 188 people entered which is around 60 odd more than finishers last year, so if my maths is correct, the entry is around 50% greater, which is just fantastic, and hopefully year by year it will continue to grow. Not only is this a great warm up for the Parish to give people a real benchmark as to where they are in terms of training, it is also a tremendous event in its own right, and a huge thank you must go out to the organisers, and volunteers who spend so much of their own time making sure the event runs smoothly.

Right, I'm full of pasta, that kit isn't going to check itself, so I'm off. See you all in the morning, good luck, and stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. Glad Im not the only one with nerves Ed!!!!! If i eat anymore pasta im sure it will come out of my ears and I must have checked my kit around 10 time since 6 this morning, im knackered!!!!
    Good luck for tomorrow and ill catch you there at some point!!! :)

    ReplyDelete