Wednesday 27 June 2012

The Last Post





Sorry, couldn't resist that!!

So that's it for another year - hard to believe really, but what a year it was. I think this year's race will be looked back upon by many as possibly the greatest of all time, simply because of the nip and tuck nature right to the line. I expect that Richard & Vinny's record will remain in place for a long time to come, although Jock and Michael may have other thoughts about that.

It was great to see so many proud (albeit a tad sore) people at the presentation last night, and also to have a good chat with friends I have made purely through walking, and through this year's event alone.

I just want to thank everyone who has followed this blog, and left comments. I intended to write it as a positive motivational piece, and I hope that you have taken that from it.

Thanks also to Murray for allowing me to share my thoughts with you all, and a final congratulations to all prize winners especially my niece Meggie Thomas who made it to Peel as 2nd placed U21 lady in her last year in this category - big finish expected next year kid!

So until 2013................361 days and counting




See you there !

No comments:

Post a Comment