Friday 3 February 2012

A strange old week

This week has been particularly strange for me. I tendered my resignation from work on Monday and by 5pm on the same day I had been sent out on gardening leave for a month. Since Monday, however, Caroline has changed it from gardening leave to decorating leave - great!

And there was me thinking a bit more time on my hands meant I could get out and do some serious miles. Well, I start my new job on 27th February, so I have 3 weeks left. That said, one of those weeks will be spent at Center Parcs with the family during half term, and I have 2 more rooms to decorate. Hopefully though, I will still be able to get out and do some decent mileage during my spare time.

Turning to training this week, I have followed what seems to be a growing routine, NSC laps on Monday with my mate from work (ex-work now), and my usual Wednesday night session on Laxey Prom with Party and the gang. When I was out with Richard on Sunday, he mentioned a session he goes to on a Friday at 3pm with Graham Young. At the time I expected that I wouldn't be able to make it due to the start time, but funny how things pan out eh?

We focused mainly on stretches and warm ups, something I have to admit that really are way down my agenda for walking. After some really good exercises, it was amazing the difference in how loose and flexible my legs felt. I remember Richard Spencely extolling the virtues of stretching in his blog last year, and I have to say that I see where he is coming from.

This weekend attentions turn to the final round of the Winter League which is at the NSC, hopefully my recent sessions down there will help. This Sunday should be a total family affair, as Caroline has been doing the 5k races, and getting on pretty well to boot, Archie will again do the 2k lap, and unbelievably, I think I have convinced Scarlett to take part in the 1k race. This was the other day and it will probably take another round of convincing/bribing til she actually does it.

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us, I don't fancy doing a Winter League meets Dancing on Ice special.

Enough for now, I have decorating to be getting on with...

No comments:

Post a Comment