Tuesday 28 February 2012

Back in the groove....

Ok, just an interim training update.

Managed a good Ballaragh loop on Saturday first thing when I finally managed to drag my tired bones out of bed. I managed to knock around 4 minutes off my time from the previous week so my overindulgence has hopefully had no lasting effects.

Last night I did my usual NSC laps however this was on my own as my usual Monday partner was suffering from some overindulgence of his own - a mates stag weekend in Newcastle. I left the house in a massive rush at 18.50 needing to drop Archie and his mate at cubs, and get to the NSC asap and forgot the magic watch - I felt naked without it. So it was back to good old fashioned timed laps using my wrist watch. I managed 11 laps in about 57 minutes (approx) so based on my understanding of the distance of a lap that was 5.5 miles (ish) in just under an hour.

Being away last week I missed Wednesday night's session on Laxey Prom, but I understand Steve is away this week, so instead of a drills session, I have arranged to meet up with a few of the regulars to do a 6 or 7 mile lap round Douglas at around 5.30. So all in all, this week should yield a good return to training.

This weekend it is the Manx Harriers open walks, and after much deliberation, I have chosen not to take part - not sure whether this is a good idea or not, but it's too late to worry about it anyway as the entries have closed. I will be there to watch the proceedings, and I understand both my co-bloggers, Richard & John are taking part, so good luck fellas, I'll be there to cheer you on!

Finally, if you have taken a look at the Manx Athletics website this week, there is a bit on there about fund raising for the Hospice & Rebecca House. Well, my sister and brother in law are involved as they are running the London Marathon to raise funds for these worthy causes. On Saturday, Lou is running two free circuit training sessions at Onchan Community Centre between 1.45pm and 2.45pm and 3.15pm and 4.15pm, and will be brilliant sessions and are aiming to raise as much sponsorship as possible. For more info, give Lou a call on 451114. Alternatively, you can sponsor these guys by calling the fundraising team at the Hospice on 647431 or at the Hospice website on www.hospice.org.im and follow the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment